Additional Fees
Interest Rate

This company has revoked one credit card, and reduced the limit on another, when both had a zero balance, and were NEVER late when they did have a balance. They claimed it was due to a low credit score, but my score is considerably higher than when they granted the credit.

As a result of this arbitrary and capricious behavior, I cancelled the other two accounts (both zero balances) I had that went through Synchrony, and wrote them a letter explaining my action.

The reply was "We stand by our decision."

I had a terrible situation in 2012 but have worked very hard to repay old accounts and rebuild my credit since then, and Synchrony was willing to extend credit to me in 2017. One of those lines was a $2000 limit Care Credit card for a medical expense. I made double the first monthly payment and paid the balance in full before the 2nd payment was due. In spite of this, they just contacted me, saying they were lowering my limit to $500.

I also have had a spotless history with them on the two credit cards they issued, so these 'reversal letters' came out of the blue and were so insulting that they convinced me to never ever deal with them again, regardless of the retailer they are attached to. All I can do is use their competition - Discover - who offers so much more and doesn't pull this kind of BS!

Reason of review: Synchrony Financial is just a nasty, uncaring and uninformed company..

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Terrible for you yes, but this isn’t Russia, we won’t force a company to do business with someone and clearly they’ve changed their mind about doing business with you