1.4
Interest Rate

I needed new tires and there was a promotional offer from Sam's Club through Synchrony to get a $45 statement credit with your first purchase. That was the ONLY reason I applied for the card.

I should have realized something was up when I only qualified for the highest interest rate. I have an excellent credit score, which they acknowledged in the letter I got telling me I didn't qualify for the lower rate, but they still couldn't give me the better rate. There was a list of possible reasons (a habit with them) but nothing explaining why I didn't qualify.

The same week I was approved for the card, I purchased my tires. The same day, I made another purchase in the store that also would have qualified me for the statement credit.

Three months go by with no credit, so I contacted customer service. After a bit of a runaround, the rep apologized for the mistake and said I could expect to see the credit in another 1-2 months.

About a month later, I receive a (form) letter saying they've investigated my claim and decided I don't qualify for the promotional credit. Again, the letter included a list of reasons that I might not qualify, but did not address my specific case.

Bottom line, I'm stuck with a lousy, high interest credit card that I'll never use again and got no benefit whatsoever from. If the card is offered through Synchrony, don't expect the promotion to be honored.

Review about: Synchrony Financial Rebate.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments