Synchrony Financial - Synchrony Bank, Hurts & Screws Customers With Amazons Blessings

35 of 41 Synchrony Financial reviews

Update added by user May 12, 2015

Added new image on May 12, 2015 showing that they finally gave me credit available for my payment on the 5th of May. Its Now in in my Credit Available 7 days after I paid it!

Original review posted by user May 11, 2015

I've been a "Prime Member" @ Amazon for years and have used the store card fore it's convenience as I'm disabled and live in a rural area of WV. Wife and I buy 85% of all our needs from Amazon and Big Brown is like a family member. As far as being able to pay are bills you be the judge as we have a $3500.00 limit on our store card. But when Synchrony Bank took over things went down hill fast. I found out and let "Amazon" know that I will not be using the store card anymore due to the fact that I do not appreciate them using and supporting any financial company that steals money from their customers!.

I made an "EXTRA" payment on my account, when there was no payment due, of $300.00 on the 5th of May 2015, and today is May 11, 2015. They posted they received it on May 6, 2015 and still have not credited it to my account so it can be used for purchases! In other words, by not letting me use my money they have been able to use it from the 5th of May.

I called them and asked why it was not posted and was told it was their policy to put a 72 hour hold on any check to insure it cleared. This is "Bull

S***" as any one that goes to Walmart knows and writes a check. They clear your check on the spot an d give it back to you! All Synchrony Bank wants to do is use your money.for a minimum of 5 to 7 days. The minimum 5 is if you pay on a Monday, after that it will always be 7 days because you have to add the weekend days.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Credit accounts when payments are cleared! There is no reason for any hold!! This is the age of electronic transfers!
Product or service
Credit Card Service
Review category
Banks
review #634326 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Synchrony Financial? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
35 of 41 Synchrony Financial reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Synchrony Financial. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Synchrony Financial.
Filing a new complaint about
×